Name: Jaron Hubble
Hometown: Portage, WI
Occupation: CNC Operator Family: Rhea (sister), Isabel and Harley (dogs) General interests other than paintball: Hanging with friends and family. Shooting firearms, into music and going to concerts (Warped Tour), watching hockey especially the Blackhawks (I liked them before they started winning and everyone jumped on the bandwagon just to throw that out there).
1. What was your first paintball experience and who introduced you to the game? When I was about 12 or 13 my buddy played hockey for the Madison Capitals and him and the team went paintballing and I was invited to go with but all they had for me to use was a piece of shit plastic see through pump gun that took the little CO2 cartridges from Wal-Mart while everyone else was using $200+ guns (which I thought was a lot at the time). From then I was hooked on paintball.
2. What team(s) do you play for now? Khaotik
3. What teams have you played for in the past? Khaotik
4. What role do you play on your current team? Owner/Manager/player (Back/Mid).
5. Who are your favorite paintball players? Aaron Tholey, Konstantin Fedorov, players from ART Chaos, Grayson Goff/ Scott Kemp (because of BKi Paintball).
6. What’s your best paintball experience or memory?
Best Paintball experience is playing my first PSP event at MAO in 2014 and taking 4th. Best Paintball memory is going to my first PSP event at Chicago in 2010 and seeing Alex Fraige walking around and asked if I could get a picture with him and the rest of the guys from Dynasty after a team signing and he was like yeah sure better yet come with me and he brought me back into the pro pits and a got a picture with him/Dynasty.
7. What is the most ridiculous thing you’ve ever done in order to play paintball? I quit a job so I could play at a PSP event because work wouldn’t allow me to have off because I didn’t work their long enough to have vacation time. So I was like fuck it and quit.
8. What is the single most important lesson the up and comer needs to learn? If you are on a team and you commit to something whether it is a practice or an event, hold your word. Backing out the last minute fucks over not just you but everyone else on the team that doesn’t deserve it. Being a part of a team isn’t just about you so if your team can’t count on you off the field, how can they count on you on the field? Also, you will have to make sacrifices like missing family gatherings, doing other things with friends etc. but you made that decision when you joined a team and if you can’t do that don’t be a part of a team. Play paintball as a hobby on Sundays or when you can.
9. What keeps you playing paintball? I never played any school sports so being a part of team/ brotherhood keeps playing. Along with the traveling all over the U.S. (hopefully one day overseas) and creating memories with my teammates/ second family. People that don’t play paintball will never understand that silent 5 before a game starts.
10. Do you have any superstitions related to playing paintball?
Umm I don’t really have a superstition but I used to wear a Vicious beanie that I got from Mama Vicious back in 2010 and whenever I wore it I would never wash it no matter how much paint I had on it.
Watch for us to interview more Minnesota and Wisconsin paintball players and teams as the season goes on! Thanks for your time Jaron and good luck at the Vintage Paintball Series Championships and NXL World Cup!